Month of Mud: Ohiopyle State Park
Super D time trial run with some climbing. Includes unicycle class. Course is very cross country bike friendly. This course is not DH bike friendly– too much climbing. Race course starts at high point on McCune trail and then descends Sugarloaf trail into town. Basic trail information can be found at http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/ohiopyle/index.htm. We do add a few features into the trail to make it more technically demanding, with slower time consuming roundabout sections.
Racers will be bussed to the race start at the top of McCune Trail from the registration area at Wilderness Voyageurs in Ohiopyle. Please see webpage for more information closer to race day: http://monthofmud.com/. Pre-riding will be available the day before the race with shuttle service by Wilderness Voyageurs. More info to be provided in the week leading up the race.
Course design by Rob Riddell.
- Racers will start at 1 minute intervals in numerical order by plate number.
- Registration starts at 8:00 AM and closes promptly at 10:15 AM. Shuttle busses will begin running at 10:15.
- Race starts at 11:00 AM. Race winners and prizes will be announced at the series awards.
- Points awarded at each race: 15 points for 1st, 14 points for 2nd, 13 points for 3rd..etc.
- Helmets are required for all races.
- No headphones, IPods, MP3 players, etc… during races.
- Please arrive early to register. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to start of first race.
RACE DAY REGISTRATION: Men- $30, Women- $30, Youth and Uni – $15
Series Awards will be in the pavilion outside of Wilderness Voyageurs starting around 3:00 PM. Food and beer will be available at the series finale as well. More details to come.
Registration Fee includes $2 trail fund donation.
PA Turnpike (I-70/I-76) to Donegal, R711/R381 to Ohiopyle. Park at Wilderness Voyageurs or Ferncliff parking area. Registration will be at Wilderness Voyageurs.